In town and keen for a day hunt? Let us take you out for the day. We have access to fallow deer and red deer within 1 hrs drive of Wanaka.?
Day Hunts for fallow deer, red deer and tahr
Day hunts for fallow deer, red deer or tahr are a great way to get out of town and into the hills amongst some wild, free range animals. Day hunts are conducted within our large private hunting area (86,000 acres), where we manage wild populations of red deer, fallow deer and tahr. These areas are well tracked and well known by your guide, offering great ‘spot then stalk’ hunting opportunities. Deer hunting and tahr hunting is best in the mornings and evenings when the animals are active and feeding.
General day hunting info:
Spectacular scenery and high success rates apply to all hunts.
Hunts are available ex Wanaka and include:
- Hotel pick up & return – or drive out to Hawea and meet at our lodge?Google map to lodge click text
- Professional guide & 4×4 vehicle
- High-powered rifle and ammunition
- Target session
- Boots, gators, wet weather gear available
- Field preparation of meat / skin
- Please bring your own snacks and drinks and preferably a chilly bin or container for your meat.
Day hunting rates $NZD
Duration approximately 6 hrs, cost $750
Animal fees (additional)
- Fallow deer $250
- Red deer $400
- Non trophy tahr $500 (July – Oct only)
- Additional hunters + $350pp
- Non hunters + $150pp
- Group and family day packages available upon request
- Multi day packages available upon request
# Day hunts not available from mid February until end of June ? trophy hunting season.
Whether you are an experienced hunter or a novice hunter we tailor our day hunts to your ability, we have helped many people shoot their first deer and have over 86,000 acres of private country to explore. Multi day hunts for non trophy animals can be arranged.