In town and keen for a day hunt? Let us take you out for the day. We have access to fallow deer and red deer within 1 hrs drive of Wanaka.
Day Hunts for fallow deer and red deer
Day hunts for fallow deer and red deer are a good way to get out of town and into the hills amongst some wild deer for the day. Deer hunting is best in the evenings when the deer rise from their bedding areas to feed, alternatively if you are a morning person and don’t mid an early start, morning hunts are available.
Day hunts for non trophy tahr
Want to hunt New Zealand’s premier game animal the tahr but not pay trophy fees for a bull? – No problem, hunts for non trophy tahr are available (July – October only).
General day hunting info:
Spectacular scenery and high success rates apply to all day hunts.
Hunts are available ex Wanaka and include:
- Hotel pick up & return – or drive out to Hawea and meet at our lodge Google map to lodge click text
- Professional guide & 4×4 vehicle
- High-powered rifle and ammunition
- Target session
- Boots, gators, wet weather gear available
- Field preparation of meat / skin
- Please bring your own snacks and drinks
Day hunting rates $NZD
Duration approximately 6 hrs, cost $750
- Fallow deer $250
- Red deer $400
- Non trophy tahr $500 (July – Oct only)
- Additional hunters + $350pp
- Non hunters + $150pp
- Group and family day packages available upon request
- Multi day packages available upon request
# Day hunts not available from mid February until end of June – trophy hunting season.
Whether you are an experienced hunter or a novice hunter we tailor our day hunts to your ability, we have helped many people shoot their first deer and have over 100,000 acres of private country to explore. Multi day hunts for non trophy animals can be arranged.