Fun at Lake Hawea Hunting Safaris
Hunting is supposed to be fun some people forget that – we certainly haven’t! Our clients instantly see our guide team having fun and enjoying their work in our spectacular and pristine hunting grounds. With up to 4 hunt teams around the dinner table each night there is always plenty of stories and experiences to be shared and celebrated.
We encourage our non hunting guests to take part in our safaris, experience our unique hunting adventures and get out amongst our wild animals. Chris and his team have taught many non hunting companions how to shoot on the shooting range; many have gone on to successfully hunt animals during their stay.
Fun days out with Jess!
Meet Jess, Jess is a key member of our team and is available to entertain non hunting partners in nearby Wanaka and Queenstown. Jess is heaps of fun, while the hunters are in the hills Jess will make sure you’re having just as much fun in town.
You might also see Jess hosting at our lodge as well as cooking and preparing meals.
Touring – George Lindsay welcomes you to Off Trail Tours and invites you to enjoy a personalized experience in our unique region.
Trout Fishing – Alpine Fishing Guides has been in operation since 1996 and by Greg Dougherty and his wife Paula since 2002. Offering guided fishing trips in the Wanaka region.
Non hunter activities
If hunting is not for you we understand this and have prepared a list of recommended activities below. Most can be arranged within 24 – 48 hrs notice and most will pick up from our lodge. There are many activities in Wanaka to be experienced, just 15 minutes drive from our lodge. Wanaka is a tourist Mecca, if you can think of it, we can probably organize it. These activities are an additional cost over and above our non hunter daily rate.
Day trip activities in Wanaka and Hawea
- Wanaka Wine Tours – explore the Central Otago wine growing region.
- Scenic airplane flights to Mt Aspiring.
- Helicopter flights – Mt Aspiring – Glacier Landings.
- Combo Helicopter – Jet Boat – 4×4 – Walk options.
- Farm experience – Tour a local high country sheep station.
- Wanaka River Journey’s – Jet boat the Matukituki River.
- Horse riding – Ride the Cardrona Valley on horseback.
- Wild wire – The highest waterfall climb in the world.
- Skydive Wanaka – Tandem Skydive above Lake Wanaka.
- Bungy jump the Nevis or Kawarau Rivers.
Further info: www.lakewanaka.co.nz
Chris (left) with George Lindsay, owner of Off Trail Tours. George offers custom tours from 1-7 days, locally within our area or right around the South Island.